Thanks to a fellow Bahamas cruiser for the following tip to make clearing in to The Bahamas more streamlined:
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WIRELESS PRINTER ABOARD.
Here is a review of the steps you will take beforehand:
* Obtain a COVID test (negative results). Save the document as a PDF.
* Go to https://travel.gov.bs and fill out the form for a Health Visa.
* Save it as a PDF. You will need to upload it to the Click2Clear.
* Once you receive the Health Visa back from The Bahamas government, you can enter the country up to 5 days after your negative test. (The test date is Day Zero.)
* Go to Click2Clear. https://www.bahamascustoms.gov.bs/imports-and-exports/about-click2clear/
* Fill out form online.
* Make sure to write down your PCR#. You may need it later to track your Cruising Permit.
* Print your Cruising Permit while you are on the site before you leave for The Bahamas.
*Enjoy those Beautiful Bahama Blues of the water and sky!
Another Comment on Click2Clear: Make sure that you create a PCR for both inbound and outbound at the same time. I did not do that when I created my inbound. When clearing to depart, they wanted this outbound paperwork and I did not have it. The Customs agent in Bimini reluctantly created it for me but I got the feeling that will not be continued service. So word to the wise! I had no computer and no wifi to do this on my vessel in Bimini.
This has since been updated to account for those who have been vaccinated